Wednesday, October 8, 2008

HDR - My First Encounter

OK, out of Weddings, Portraits, Events, Products and Landscapes photography, I have to say Landscape is not one of my top interest...basically, is because of three reasons:

1) What I'm shooting doesn't move
2) I'm too lazy to walk and walk and walk to get to a scenic place just to take couple of photos
3) I'm too impatient to wait and wait and wait for the right moment

However, I was very fortunate enough to came across some websites that shows HDR (High Dynamic Range) Landscape photography...after doing more research, I decided to give it a try...and my first impression was...wow...is not as easy as it looks.

Anyway...after spending 4 - 5 hours sitting and waiting...I took almost 30 sets of photos...however, I'm still trying to figure out how to make it look "un-ugly"...anyway..I've posted some of the "not-so-ugly" ones...and as you can see...still have plenty to learn...but is FUN!!!












6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent photos, Alan!

Any good links that you can share? I want to show them to Steven.

Alan Yeung said...

Jamie,

There are many useful links ga...the best way is to search for HDR photography on Google and the search result will be very useful...if not...i can share my experiences (minimal) with you, but i'm still trying to figure out how to make them look better hahaha

Alan

Anonymous said...

Love your photo.. particularly this set. The contrast of color and the tone you set to the photos.

Doris ^_^

Anonymous said...

Really love the photos you took at night for Val and Marco, I cannot believe you have improved so much in such a short time haha...WeLL DONE!!!

c@thy said...

nice photo and nice place!!
love it much..

Anonymous said...

i love the last one! :-)