Monday, May 19, 2008

Yunnan, Kunming Trip - View from 4 feet high...

Due to personal reasons I went to Kunming (in China's Yunnan Province) for a week, and unfortunately (or fortunately some might say) I've fractured my ankle on the first night. I was confined to a wheelchair for the rest of the trip and missed out on many photoshooting opportunities.

When I started learning photography, I've read many articles that say "take your photos 4 feet from the ground", I must admit...on many occasions I was too lazy to squat down and take it from "4 feet", however, since I'm confined to a wheelchair this time, I was forced to look at the world from "4 feet" high...and it was a great experience (apart from my immobility).


While I was confined to a wheelchair and moving around in public places, I've started to realise people tends to stare at you in many ways, some tend to be curious (how come a disabled person still holds plenty of camera equipments?), some tend to be not so friendly and some showed a sense of sympathy...any how, it wasn't a very good feeling eventhough I know I'm only temporary disabled...


Why do people look at other people differently just because they don't share the same mobility as them?

No comments: